Terms and Conditions of Hire
1. Drivers must be in possession of a full valid driving licence for
at least one year. Licence must be produced at time of rental.
2. Drivers must be aged between 21-70 years old. For minibus hire drivers
must be over 25 years.
3. Only the hirer and any drivers approved at the time of rental may drive
4. All vehicles are insured for comprehensive risk - the renter
is responsible for the first £350 of any loss or damage to the hired
5. Hirer's liability can be reduced to £100 by paying an additional £2.50 per day or £12.50 per week. This additional payment does not cover damage done to wheels, tyres, mirrors, lenses, headlamps, aerials, car interiors and burns.
Extension of Rental
6. The rental office must be informed of any extension before expiry of
the agreed rental period.
7. All cars are supplied with a full tank of petrol and must be returned
with a full tank.
8. Rates include insurance and roadside assistance, but exclude petrol
9. The estimated cost of the rental is required at the time of rent. Access
and Visa cards accepted.
10. Every effort will be made to supply the model originally requested,
but in the event of it being unavailable, an alternative model will be
11. Vehicles MAY NOT be taken off the Islands of Lewis and Harris except
by prior written agreement.
12. The customer is responsible for maintaining correct oil and water
levels and tyre pressure during the period of hire, and is also responsible
for any damage to tyres or interior cigarette burns except when caused
by a collision.